- Lab moves operations to the permanent building.
- Sravya (Chemistry major) joins the lab for her minor project.
- Welcome to the lab Anu PV and Shubham Mehatre. Both will start their PhDs from 1st August 2018.
- Here is a recent review from the lab. Discusses recent developments in the field of metabolic regulation of hematopoietic stem cell function. https://iubmb.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/iub.1870
- Athira, Rashmi and Meera join the lab for their major research projects.
- Welcome Srinu Reddi
We are a part of School of Biology at the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram. Our campus is located in Vithura 45 kms from the city. PI of the lab, Dr. Satish Khurana, joined IISER TVM in July 2015 with first students joining in Dec. 2015, marking a humble beginning of the group. The lab is supported by DBT-Wellcome trust India Alliance grant to the PI (intermediate fellowship of the IA). The interest of the lab lies in the field of stem cells and development with major focus on hematopoietic system. Various projects in the lab involve studies on functional regulation of embryonic and adult hematopoietic system by energy production pathways and integrin signaling.