We are currently looking for talented PhDs, project assistants and post-docs interested in working in the field of HSC biology in mouse model. For PhD and integrated PhD, students need to clear IISER TVM qualification exam and interviews but I encourage students to contact and express their interest prior to the formal selection process. Talented post-doctoral candidates with a vision in the field are strongly encouraged to send an email directly to express their interest.
Candidates should send email with clear query expressing their interest and vision in the field with a detailed CV attached.
Following projects will be undertaken in the next 5 years period.
- Postn-Itgav mediated outside-in integrin signaling in HSC function during development.
- Studying spatial arrangement of the HSCs in fetal liver niche and their interaction with Postn expressing sub-populations of the tissue.
- How does altered Postn level within the BM regulate cell cycle status, stemness and mobilization of HSCs?
- Niche modulation by interrupted Postn-Itgav interaction and its effects on adult hematopoiesis.
- Effects of disruption of oxygen sensing mechanism on function of fetal HSCs.
In addition, we are open to new ideas in the broader field of hematology and regenerative medicine. Candidates will be selected in the basis of their experience, track record and scientific aptitude.