- Badarudeen B, Anand U, Mukhopadhyay S, Manna TK* (2021) Ubiquitin signalling in the control of centriole duplication. The FEBS Journal, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/febs.16069
- Ayyappan S, Dharan PS, Krishnan A, Marira RR, Lambert M, Manna TK, Vijayan V* (2021) SxIP binding disrupts the constitutive homodimer interface of EB1 and stabilizes EB1 monomer. Biophysical Journal, 120, 2019-2029.
- Gupta H, Rajeev R, Sasmal R, Radhakrishnan MR, Anand U, Agasti S, Manna TK* (2020) SAS-6 association with gamma-tubulin ring complex is required for centriole duplication in human cells. Current Biology, 30, 2395-2403. e4
- Badarudeen B, Gupta R, Nair SV, Chandrasekharan A, Manna TK* (2020) The ubiquitin ligase FBXW7 targets the centriolar assembly protein HsSAS-6 for degradation and thereby regulates centriole duplication. J. Biol. Chem., 295, 4428-4437.
- Rajeev R, Singh P, Asmita A, Anand U, Manna TK* (2019) Aurora a site specific TACC3 phosphorylation regulates astral microtubule assembly by stabilizing gamma-tubulin ring complex. BMC Mol Cell Biol., 20, 58.
- KK Gireesh, A Shine, R. Bhagya Lakshmi, V. Vijayan* and Tapas K. Manna* (2018) GTP-binding facilitates EB1 recruitment onto microtubules by relieving its auto-inhibition. Scientific Reports 8: 9792 DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-28056-y
- Regulators of Spindle Microtubules and Their Mechanis : Living Together Matters. Lakshmi RB, Nair VM, Manna TK*. IUBMB Life, 70:101-111, 2018 Jan 4. doi: 10.1002/iub.1708.
- Thomas GE, Renjith MR, Manna TK* (2017) Kinetochore–microtubule interactions in chromosome segregation: lessons from yeast and mammalian cells. (review) Biochemical Journal 474 (21) 3559-3577
- Thomas GE, Bandopadhyay K, Sutradhar S, MR Renjith, Singh P, KK Gireesh, Simon S, Badarudeen Binshad, Gupta H, Banerjee M, Paul R, Mitra J, Manna TK* (2016) EB1 regulates attachment of Ska1 with microtubules by forming extended structures on the microtubule lattice. Nature Communications, doi:10.1038/NCOMMS11665, May 26.
- Gupta H, Badarudeen Binshad, George A, Thomas GE, Manna TK.* (2015) Human SAS-6 C-Terminus Nucleates and Promotes Microtubule Assembly in vitro by Binding to Microtubules. Biochemistry 54: 6413-22.
- Suhail TV, Singh P, Manna TK.* (2015) Suppression of centrosome protein TACC3 induces G1 arrest and cell death through activation of p38-p53-p21 stress signaling pathway. European Journal of Cell Biology, 94: 90-100
- Thomas GE, Sreeja JS, KK Gireesh, Gupta H, Manna TK.* (2015) Suppression of +TIP protein EB1 sensitizes cells to paclitaxel-induced proliferation inhibition and apoptosis through inhibition of paclitaxel binding on microtubules. International Journal of Oncology, 46, 133-146
- Singh P, Thomas GE, KK Gireesh, Manna TK.* (2014) TACC3 regulates microtubule nucleation by affecting gamma-tubulin ring complexes. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 289, 31719-31735
- KK Gireesh, Sreeja JS, Chakraborti S, Singh P, Thomas GE, Gupta H, Manna TK.* (2014) Microtubule +TIP protein EB1 binds to GTP and undergoes dissociation from dimer to monomers on binding GTP. Biochemistry, 53, 5551-5557
- KK Gireesh, Rashid A, Chakraborty S, Panda D, Manna TK*. (2012) CIL-102 binds to tubulin at colchicine binding site and triggers apoptosis in MCF-7 cells by inducing monopolar and multinucleated cells. Biochemical Pharmacology, 84, 633-645.
- Manna T, Thrower DA, Honnappa S, Steinmetz MO, Wilson L. (2009) Regulation of microtubule dynamic instability in vitro by differentially phosphorylated stathmin. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 284, 15640-15649.
- Sivaram M, Wadzinski, T, Redick S, Manna T, Doxsey, SJ (2009) Dynein light intermediate chain 1 is required for progress spindle assembly checkpoint. EMBO Journal, 28, 902-914.
- Manna T, Honnappa S, Steinmetz MO, Wilson L. (2008) Suppression of microtubule dynamic instability by the +TIP protein EB1 and its modulation by the CAP-Gly domain of p150glued, Biochemistry, 47, 779-786.
- Ray A, Okouneva T, Manna T, Miller HP, Schmid SM, Art.haud L, Jordan MA, Wilson L. Mechanism of action of the microtubule targeted antimitotic depsipeptide Tasidotin (formerly ILX 651) and its major metabolite, Tasidotin C-carboxylate. (2007) Cancer Research, 67, 3767-3776.
- Manna T, Grenningloh G, Miller HP, Wilson L. The Oncoprotein18 family protein SCG10 differentially regulates plus and minus end dynamics of microtubule at steady state in vitro: Implications for its role in neurite outgrowth. (2007) Biochemistry, 46, 3543-3552.
- Manna T, Thrower D, Miller HP, Curmi P, Wilson L. (2006) Oncoprotein18 strongly increases the minus end catastrophe frequency and induces rapid treadmilling of bovine brain microtubules at steady state in vitro. Journal of Biological Chemistry, 281: 2071-2078.
- Mohan R, Banerjee M, Ray A, Manna T, Wilson L, Owa T, Bhattacharyya B, Panda D. (2006) Antimitotic sulfonamides inhibit microtubule assembly dynamics and cancer cell proliferation. Biochemistry, 45, 5440-5449.
- Jordan MA, Kamath K, Manna T, Okouneva T, Miller HP, Davis C, Littlefield B, Wilson L. (2005) The primary antimitotic mechanism of action of the synthetic halichondrin E7389 is suppression of microtubule growth. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, 4:1086-1095
- Sarkar T, Mitra G, Gupta S, Manna T, Poddar A, Panda D, Das KP, Bhattacharyya B. (2004) MAP2 prevents protein aggregation and facilitates reactivation of unfolded enzymes. European Journal of Biochemistry. 271(8):1488-96.
- Manna T, Sarkar T, Poddar A, Roychowdhury M, Das KP, Bhattacharyya B. Chaperone-like activity of tubulin. binding and reactivation of unfolded substrate enzymes. (2001) Journal of Biological Chemistry, 276, 39742-39747.
- Sarkar T, Manna T, Bhattacharyya S, Mahapatra P, Poddar A, Pena J, Solana R, Tarazona R, Roy S, Bhattacharyya B. Role of the carboxy-termini of tubulin on its chaperone-like activity. (2001) Proteins: Structure, Function, and Genetics 44, 262-269.
- Pal D, Mahapatra P, Manna T, Chakraborty P, Bhattacharyya B, Banerjee A, Basu G, Roy S. Conformational properties of alpha-tubulin tail peptide: implications for tail-body interaction. (2001) Biochemistry 40, 15512-15519.
- Roychowdhury M, Sarkar N, Manna T, Bhattacharyya S, Sarkar T, Basusarkar P, Roy S, Bhattacharyya B. Sulfhydryls of tubulin. A probe to detect conformational changes of tubulin (2000), European Journal of Biochemistry 267, 3469-3476.
- Guha S, Manna T, Das, KP, Bhattacharyya B. Chaperone-like activity of tubulin (1998). Journal of Biological Chemistry, 273, 30077- 30080.
- Bhattacharyya B, Manna T, Sarkar T, Poddar A. Chaperone-like activity of detergents, RNA and proteins (2002) Proc. Ind. Natl. Sci. Acad.(review) 68, 367-374.
- Tapas Manna received S. Ramachandran National Bioscience Award 2019
- Tapas Manna received international funding from Cancer Research Institute, Kanazawa University, Japan for collaborative research in 2018 and 2019.
- Geethu Thomas (Phd student) awarded with Lady Tata Memorial Fellowship by UK Cancer Research Society.
- Geethu Thomas (PhD student) awarded with the prestigious Princess Margaret Post-doctoral Fellowship (2016) in Canada.
- Puja Singh (PhD student) awarded with the prestigious La Ligue Contre le Cancer post-doctoral fellowship (2016) in France. She is also a recipient of “Prix Georges Calothy” by the Ligue Nationale Contre le Cancer, France.
- Geethu Thomas received poster presentation award in “Chromosome Stability 2014” meeting at JNCASR, Bangalore.
International travel grants for PhD students attending conferences/training/research:
- Resmi Rajeev received EMBO-ASCB travel grant for ASCB Cell Biology conference in Washington DC, USA in December 2019
- Hindol Gupta and Binshad B received EMBO Travel grants for conference in Heidelberg, Germany in Sept 2017.
- Renjith MR visited Kanajawa University, Japan with a fellowship for international workshop on advanced atomic force microscopy.
- Geethu Thomas received travel award for Cell Biology meeting at Israel
- Puja Singh received EMBO travel grant for conference in Germany